Coral Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Coral Princess Experience

Sail Date: June 28, 2014

I am an experienced cruiser and have done many Princess Cruises.   This cruise was not the normal Princess experience.   Cabin Steward did not meet expectations.  All the special parts of Princess have been scaled back, ship is old and warn (rust in plain site throught most of the ship).  This cruise does not have many activities to keep you busy and you are on the ship most of the travel time.  If you like dinning in the dinning room then great, buffet left a lot to be desired.  Food was left out and often either slimmy or crusted /hard topped.   I am chalking this trip up to a one time experience but my friends with me on the ship who love Carnival made the statement that the trip was below Carnival for them (I had raved about Princess prior to the trip so I looked foolish).

Alaska sights are beautiful and I am sure weather played into my experience as I am one who usually goes south for the sun.   This trip it was chilly most of the time and you had a sweatshirt or sweater with a rain coat on as needed.

Ship is older and warn - needs to be updated and painted rust visible in several areas
Dinning Room was great / Buffett left a lot to be desired / Steak House Great
Normal what you expect on a cruise ship
Joey the Band Leader in the Wheel House Bar was Great / Cabin Steward Dante left a lot to be desired
Not Enough too do and you are at see many days on this trip
ATV Excursion in Skagway is Great loved it / Crabfeed in Ketchikan fantastic all you can eat fresh crab / Juneau Mendenhall take the hike to the end of the Park Trail Amazing Site
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
Bused up from Seattle Airport nice way to Transfer to the Ship
Ketchikan, Alaska
Fresh Crab Feed is amazing - All you can eat Crab
Juneau, Alaska
Mendenhall Glashier is wonderful - take the walk to the end of the trail head at the National Park
Skagway, Alaska
ATV / 4 Wheel Outing wonderful very safe but fun. Not fast ride if you are looking for crazy ATV this is not it. But you do go up a mountain to amazing vistas and the food is amazing
Cruise Glacier Bay