Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean

Pass, go to plan B

Sail Date: October 23, 2011

Room Type: Suite

My wife and I celebrated out 10 year anniversary AND my 50th birthday on the Celebrity Summit and sprung for the Sky Suite (with butler). The ship is beautiful & clean. The variety show was suprisingly good. I purchased a dinner at the Summit's (foo-foo-la-la) restaurant the Normandy. I didn't know a free dinner there came with the Sky suite so we had dinner there on night #2 and looked forward to the paid one on night 5. There was so much attention to pomp that little attention was paid to the FOOD. I ordered the lobster and my wife ordered the lamb. The lobster was sooo dry I couldn't choke it down - seriously. I asked them to change to the lamb and I ordered it medium. After 25 minutes I told the waiter to forget it but it got it anyway. It was blood red and I couldn't even eat it. BTW I'm 6'2" 290lbs and I love to eat. I begged him to take it away and I figured I would have a burger on the lido deck. Mario, the Maitre D' reached all over me to look at the still breating lamb. He apologized and disappeared with it. This "dinner" had passed hour 2 and I was ready to leave when Mario shows up with three pieces of lamb that put together were about the size of an iphone. I politely declined and my wife and I had our first and last Normandy experience. Needless to say I cancelled the paid dinner for night 5. Our butler was on his first cruise - ever. He was a nice guy but he was the type to invade your personal space for waaaay to long. He stepped forward as you stepped back. Creepy. The acapella group absoutely rocked! The variety of foods left a lot to be desired. The internet connection was incredibly slow and very expensive, the internet cafe staff and it's manager all agreed with me. They tried to charge me $150 for a download of a 600M file that never completed. Yikes. Did I mention it was the cabin stewarts first cruise AND the pursors first cruise??? Try anything but the Celebrity Summit.

Pros: Nice people & clean ship

Cons: Believe it or not the FOOD!

Recommends Celebrity Summit? No.

Very nice but smaller than the pics suggest.
Pack a lunch from home. If you show up 2 minutes late (literally) they pull their shades down and you get the joy of watching them walk away.
Clean and well laid out.
Good people.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Outstanding, will definately go back.
Don't Miss: Lunch downtown at cafe near the park
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Absoultely beautiful.
Don't Miss: Tram up and have lunch overlooking the island.