Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean

The Summit.......ehhh

Sail Date: April 30, 2011

Although the ship was well worn, it was kept in a tidy way. For about 4 days we had a sewer stench on deck 2 and the toilets were stopped up. Benny, our cabin steward was helpful and attentive. The food in the MDR was extremely salty. For the remaining days of the cruise it did improve. Our waiter Luis Acuna and his asst. Ayesha did all they could to hellp the situation, they were helpful. The shows in the theatre was good, very entertaining. Those attending us at guest relations were very nice and helpful.

Pros: The Band Fusion

Cons: The first 3 days of food in the MDR. Dj Ron is terrible, he can really empty a dance floor.

Recommends Celebrity Summit? No.

I never understood how a cabin that is suppose to fit up to 4/5 ppl, have 1 closet!! Can the ladder for the upper bunks be a little more sturdier? Im glad the ship will be getting an overhaul, the decor is comical.
The food in the buffet was rarely hot. The food in the MDR was very very salty, from the apps to the entrees. The variety was ok.
Luis Acuna and Ayesha in the MDR, was great. Benny our cabin steward was very attentive and as helpful as possible.
The variety was good. I had only hoped some of the culinary was in the afternoon, most was in the morning.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I usually shop and browse when at this port.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Hamilton was ok, if you enoy overpriced shopping. I think I enjoyed a small park with a statue of Sally Bassett the most The museum at the Royal Dockyard was the highlight of Bernuda for me.
Don't Miss: The Museum at the Royal Navy Dockyard
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
I love visiting St Maarten. The beach is right there as you exit the water taxi. Front St and Back st are so convenient for shopping. And the prices are the best in the Carribean!! I must say, I am surprised at the number of stray dogs on this most convenient beach
Don't Miss: The shopping.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Not much to see in this small town. The beach we visited had changed abit since last we were here, but it was still nice.
Don't Miss: The beaches