Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A great first cruise

Sail Date: March 05, 2011

A great experience for first time cruisers. The Celebrity Summit food was delicious at all locations tried. Lots of different options to try new things each day. Lots of different options for nightlife and activities. I loved the trapezee acrobats! The pool was a little small but there was always room enough to cool off and splash around when I wanted to go in for a dip.

Pros: the staff was very friendly and helpful; taking the time to learn our names and preferences

Cons: Price of internet, $0.65/minute...come on

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!

We had 3 people in 1 room. It was a little tight but we sailed at night and were in ports each day. The mattresses were so comfortable! Even my mom (on the pullout) said it was very nice and she'd sleep there the whole week.
We chose early dining at 6pm but I'd probably chose late dining next time. Sunset was 6:15 so we ended up missing most of them so that we could get to our table without being too late. (or make arrangements with your tablemates so you can all watch the sunset and be a little late)
Scarborough, Tobago
Glass bottom boat excursion. This was only ok. The boat was rundown, they jammed 25 of us onboard. The snorkeling was very rough and we were only given masks/snorkel...probably could've used the inflatable lifevest and fins at this site. It was too rough for quite a few to even try, though my sister and I had a good time
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
We woke up late so just went to a beach by cab. Rainbow beach was nice. I wish the music at the bar had started earlier so we could have enjoyed the band more
St. George's, Grenada
We hired a cab, Ricky, for $100 and he took us to Coco Falls, the nutmeg co-op, then Morne Rouge beach to hang out. We spent all day touring around and Ricky gave us some nice information about the island and the flora. He was willing to stop whenever we wanted photos and stay at each site as long as we desired.
Don't Miss: nutmeg co-op
Roseau, Dominica
We did the Champagne Snorkle which was very good. My mom hadn't snorkeled before and they were very accomodating, giving her a personal tour so she'd feel more at ease
Don't Miss: Champagne Snorkel
Basseterre, St. Kitts
We woke up late so just roamed around the shops