Really enjoyed Celebrity Summit

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

5 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 03, 2011
Ship: Celebrity Summit
I really enjoyed the Consierge Class upgrade .... all of the extras provided were really worth the small additional price. The weather was great and it was a very enjoyable cruise.

The food was overall very good. I really enjoyed having sushi available each evening. I do think the presentation and portion size was not as good as on previous cruises.

I especially appreciated the fact that overall (for me, anyway) it was a more adult atmostphere .... there were no silly pool contests, bingo was not shoved down our throats and the photographers were less invasive.

Everyone --- literally everyone --- was friendly and helpful.

Everything was very accessible and I like this size of ship.

This was my first cruise with a balcony and it was one of the best parts of the cruise --- LOVED having a balcony. It was fun to watch the sail-aways and arrivals at the various ports as well as just a place to sit and relax after the day's excursions.
We took a snorkeling excursion to Trunk Bank on St. John's. It is my information that Trunk Bay is one the highest rated beaches, and the beach was beautiful but the snorkeling was very overrated.
Don't Miss: I wish we'd had time to do the tram ride to the stop of the mountain.
St. Croix was also a very nice port. The snorkeling at Buck Island was very very good.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling
This was the country/island I knew the least about so we did an overall island tour which was great. I really enjoyed our tour guides and all the information provided and the views were amazing.
Don't Miss: Shirley's Heights
This was our favorite port --- the snorkeling was great and the island was very easy and comfortable. We had a fish sandwich in town that was very good and then walked all around the town.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling

Pros: Ports and the adult atmosphere on cruise ship

Cons: Not having a sea day

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!