"Time Well Spent"

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

11 Night Eastern Mediterranean (Rome Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 15, 2009
Ship: Celebrity Solstice
The ship was very well designed and 'user friendly'. It was always clean. The staff was A+. . .excellent--the best that I have ever experienced.

Some of the deserts and pastries were lacking, but overall, the food, variety, ambiance and convenience was exceptional.

I never saw anything that appeared out of line or in need of attention.

I was somewhat suprised at the waste, litter and dumping tolerated by the government--especially on thorough fares untilized som importantly in Greece/Athens' tourist industry. It is difficult to see the pride of the 'ancient wonders' when you are viewing them through piles of trash and refuse.
You advertise a Turkish Rug demonstration--what we get is a sampling of the old marketing ploy--"Get three nights free and all you have to do is set through a 90 minute sales presentation." Then the doors opened and 10 salesmen race to the person they judge to be the best sale prospect--and they don't want to take "no" for an answer. This practice was utilized in every "demonstration" that we experienced. As enjoyable as the trip was, this was NOT. We pay top dollar for a quality trip. I did not sign-up for this type of ploy. I did not get anything for free with the consideration of setting through a 90 minute presentation. This experience (which was heavily marketed and promoted by the cruise line) cheapened my cruise experience and my 30th anniversary trip of a life time. Relying on 'your' information of what these excursions were going to be was the single greatest mistake that I made on this cruise.

Pros: The time on the ship and the anticipation of the excursions.

Cons: The 'high pressure' sales techniques that we were subjected to in some of the ports.

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? Yes!