relaxing and exhilirating experience

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 15, 2009
Ship: Celebrity Solstice
I thought the Celebrity Solstice was a gorgous ship..it has all the comforts of home without feeling crowded. I think the rooms were a bit small but loved the beds and tv's. I think the public spaces including dining room and bars, deck shades were fabulous. I did miss the glitzy decor like falling water and marble Roman statues..I love that gaudy stuff but it was corporate crisply contemporary..good taste.

My family ate with friends and everyone adored their menus. If you wanted something else they gave it to you. I thought the food was delicious..no complaints

We enjoyed the entertainment in the theatre. Singers around ship were talented and stimulating. Perhaps the disco called Quasar should play more rap and hip hop music for the teens over 17. Keep hot tubs and pool open after dark would be nice.

Great camp.

All the staff were friendly and very helpful. Bartenders were great and waiters were lovely.

Everything was easy to find..there were large tarpes on upper pool deck for shade, lots of chairs and enough room in the solariam for everyone. I loved the way they didn't advertise activities on loud speaker..told us to read our daily newsletter for updates on activities..treated us with respect and very helpful.

The staterooms were new and clean..very comfortable. THe bathrooms were not any bigger than other ships but we loved the foam mattress pads and flat screen tvs. Too narrow rooms to squeeze them all on the perimeters of ship so they had to be narrow I guess. Only griped when we were getting ready to go to dinner..that's the only time you'd notice the narrowness.
The old City of San Juan and the fort is a must see. We also visit the Hotel El Juan and gawk at the lobby..had to take an expensive taxi cross town..perhaps a shuttle would be nice.
The french side beaches are delightful..we wished we could stay longer than 1..should have taken a taxi instead of the shore excursion for only three hours..Shopping in town is a must do.
Don't Miss: staying on board
You guys need to go to another part of island..that beach is too crowded and we gave up waiting in a long line to take the tenders..not enough boats for 2,800 wannabee beach visitors..also no food to eat..
Don't Miss: The whole island should be canceled
We ;pved the 'sail away excursion" on a catamarin to Norman Island for snorkeling and a private beach.
Don't Miss: Just hanging out near ship.

Pros: I loved the beds..foam mattress pads make it comfy

Cons: too many people over 60

Recommends Celebrity Solstice? Yes!