Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Third Mate

Beautiful Ship

Sail Date: August 25, 2014

I am decidedly not a "cruise person." It is probably my least favorite way to travel in general, but this trip was lovely! The cruise feels much more like a hotel, the common spaces were rarely crowded even on sea days, the food was nice, and the service was excellent. It was easy to get on an off the ship at most of the ports. Overall I am very impressed, and would recommend it highly.

The cabin smelled of exhaust depending on the wind direction. Otherwise it was lovely.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Super annoying to navigate. The pier is close to train station, but they put you on a series of shuttles, when it would be quicker to just walk to the boat. Even worse on the way out!
Santorini, Greece
We did an 'unofficial' tour that was awesome! Tender process was obnoxious, if you do a celebrity excursion you get priority. Get in tender boat line EARLY!
Istanbul, Turkey
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Did tour with Cruise excursions-- had Fehmeh as tour guide, who was the BEST TOUR GUIDE OF ALL TIME. Thank you, Fehmeh!
Mykonos, Greece
Very pleasantly surprised with this island-- Mykonos town is lovely and has free transfer shuttle, I wouldn't bother with an excursion on this island if I could do it again. There are beaches within walking distance.
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
I would say a tour is mandatory
Naples, Italy
Naples is kinda ghetto-- but the optional excursions are really cool!

1 Comment