Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)
14 Night Southeast Asia Immersion (Hong Kong To Singapore)
Sail date: October 30, 2016
Ship: Celebrity Millennium
Cabin type: Balcony
Traveled as: Couple
Reviewed: 4 years ago
Firstly the positives:
1. Blu restaurant was the highlight of the cruise: the service, cleanliness, friendliness and food was superb.
2. Gym equipment excellent
Negatives unfortunately are many... Briefly as below:
1. No Drinks package listed on arrival
2. Incorrect advice on Whisky prices on Day 1
3. No onboard voucher book ever received
4. Phone broken
5. Light in entrance to stateroom broken
6. Shower had not been cleaned from previous cruise - I had to request on arrival
7. 1 pair of slippers for 2 guests and state attendant said this was correct
8. Shower extractor filthy for entire duration of cruise - 2 weeks
9. No vanities replaced in bathroom nor facial spray or top ups done without request.
10. 2 bathroom towels only provided
11. Bathroom superficially cleaned daily - I eventually gave up and did a thorough clean myself as necessary.
12. Sheets not changed as necessary when not clean ie bed sheets - I inquired and was told that on a 2 week cruise this should be done 3 times.
13. Balcony rusted at sliding door and never mopped or cleaned - done on second to last day on my request- ship was recently in dry dock but this was not very obvious.
14. Glass sliding door from bedroom never cleaned
15. Linen frill around bed base torn and dirty
16. Horrendous sewerage odour in passage outside our cabin area for 2 days.
17. Breakfast buffet on 11the floor not very hygienic - spoons slopped into different foods carelessly - staff sloppy and untidy particularly on sea days
18. On previous Celebrity cruises there was no extra charge for certain gym classes eg Zumba, Yoga, .. Surprised to see that these were now charged for.
19. Second to last day room not cleaned until I requested
20. I needed a 10min app with the doctor ... This cost $150.00 plus $150.00 for medication
21. On previous cruises the staff were constantly cleaning railings etc - this I observed once on this cruise.
22. Vietnam visa - it was unnecessary to spend the time and money on obtaining a visa in Pretoria before the cruise as on arrival we were told that a group visa would be issued at the cost of $6.00 per person!!!! This seems to be another point were Celebrity is just adding costs at every opportunity .
Obvious in the constant upselling pressure.
We had to courier my passport to Pretoria and pay a high visa cost and this proved to be totally unnecessary. Surely agents should be advised of this service??
23. Docking towns were insanely far from cities and travel times to sites on ridiculously wild roads took hours. Luckily we organized private tours as the ship excursions were criticized by guests.
24. The Persian Garden is an unattractive, unappealing afterthought built with no windows and certainly does not look like the brochures or the other ships.
We did not therefore use this perk as we have done previously.
25. The enormous overhang turned out to be a blessing in disguise as it protected us from the sun and the rain☺️☺️
Unfortunately as you see the negatives were many and we could not wait for the cruise to end.
We were so disappointed that we have decided not to do any cruises for the foreseeable future and if we do cruise again we will certainly not travel Celebrity again.
We have received a voucher of $ 500.00 from Celebrity for the initial beverage and state of the room problems but after a few days we decided to just let things be and not get involved or complain about all the issues.
It appears that handing out vouchers is common practice to placate guests and hopefully get them
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom