Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A Memorable Cruise

Sail Date: March 18, 2011

A large, new ship, with very helpful, friendly staff.

Pros: The way we didn't feel rushed in the dining room even with first seating, and the new friends made there.

Cons: I understand about the stores being closed in port but I think there should be a small one open for things like toiletries and OTC meds.

Recommends Celebrity Millennium? Yes!

The food was very good, though a few too many "pureed" vegetables in the formal dining room. But I enjoyed dinner there and made new friends at our large table. We didn't feel rushed though it was the early seating. Loved the formal buffet. The staff went all out. Our waiter and assistant waiter were excellent, efficient and friendly. They always seemed eager to make things just right for us.
My husband and I felt the stateroom was smaller than on other lines but it could have been the odd layout with the bed in the center of the room. Almost made it seem like nothing else was in it. I'd rather have a queen bed and a little more room.But the steward was friendly and attentive and kept things pretty neat. He was always willing to help if we needed something.
It was big, clean, very new looking, and though very nice, it seemed rather plain as far as decor compared to other lines I have been on.
99% of the staff were wonderful, friendly, helpful above and beyond the norm, especially our room steward and waiters. The officers were much more in evidence and mingled with the guests more than the other lines and ships I have been on.
I like the variety offered, always more than I could do. I enjoy the art auctions but prefer Park West.
Castries, St. Lucia
Another beautiful island on whidh we did an historical tour. We had a very good and knowledgeable driver/guide who was passionate about his country.
Oranjestad, Aruba
A pretty island I would like to see more of. My excursion around the island was interesting but not exceptional. My husband did the 2 tank dive. The first was in murky water but the 2nd was really nice with lots of fish.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
A beautiful port. Our trip around the island was interesting but the terrain rather rough and I couldn't understand our guide/driver very well.
Curacao
A very picturesque island. I wish we had taken an excursion but did enjoy wandering in town and seeing the St. Emma swinging bridge. It is a bit of a walk to get to town though for someone who has feet problems.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
A beautiful port with gorgeous turquoise water. We enjoyed shopping here. I was sorry we were there on a Sunday as there was a tour that included some shopping on the French side we would have liked to have done. I suggest changing the schedule to be here a different day.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Clouds and sun came and went, but it was warm and beautiful.My favorite excursion was here. We swam with the sea turtles!
Don't Miss: Snorkling with the turtles is great!
Kingstown, St. Vincent
Where we docked was extremely poor and uninteresting. Only 2 excursions were offered but I understand they were good. If I had to eliminate one island in lieu of another sea day it would be this one.