Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Excellent Cruise - Outstanding Value

Sail Date: May 21, 2010

The ship was very clean and well planned. Activities were good, but mostly tailored to an older crowd. (Which was appropriate given the age of most passengers)

The food was very, very good although they only had buffet for lunches. (I would prefer a served Lunch option)

Pros: We got a great deal and when the price went even lower, they adjusted the fare. Everything was just as advertised. The ship, ports, itinerary were spot on. I will book all future cruises here.

Cons: More information on the Alaska Railroad option would have been nice. I had to find that on my own and I am glad I did. The train was an AWESOME way to travel from Anchorage to Seward. They took care of our luggage with no problem and we were able to walk from the train right onto the ship.

Recommends Celebrity Millennium? Yes!

The ship had 6 hot tubs which was a big seller for us. They were a little on the "aged" side, but otherwise perfect.
The shows were a little on the "weak" side, but not unexpected. The shopping on board was greatly limited but not a big problem.
The dining room was comfortable and elegant. The staff we had made a big difference. Our head waiter, Bertrand (from Goa) was simply exceptional.
This was the best stateroom of the three cruises we have been on. It looked brand new. Had a nice flat screen TV and a roomy bath/shower.
Super friendly staff.