Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sometimes great, sometimes not!

Sail Date: December 30, 2007

The ship was initially very disappointing. I thought the decor was dark and gloomy. I had also expected the pool to be much larger. The other ships I cruised on had much fancier lobbies and restaurants. I do not feel that much was done or spent extra for a New Year's celebration. You are paying double to cruise during this time and I would recommend a more luxurious ship during that time. In some ways however it was nice to be on a smaller less crowded ship. The food was quite good with a few exceptions. The service was exceptionaly good during the sit down evening meal.

Pros: Great food

Cons: Loosy decor, entertainment and ports

Recommends Celebrity Millennium? Yes!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Took city tour which included a fort. Had to get upset at tour guide as she was only speaking in Spanish.
Casa De Campo, Dominican Republic
This alone made the trip worthwhile. I plan on revisiting this country.
Don't Miss: Mississippi river
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Waves were too high so we could not disembark. We were never offered nor given any credit for visiting one less port. Anyway you don't go into town as it is too dangerous - you instead visit a "private island" for a barbecue.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Casa De Campo, Dominican Republic
This alone made the trip worthwhile. I plan on revisiting this country.
Don't Miss: Mississippi river