Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Better Than We Expected

Sail Date: August 08, 2008

My overall impression of the ship is very good. It was our first cruise so I have nothing to compare it to, but we were very pleasantly surprised.

Pros: The actual cruising

Cons: Having to disembark so early

Recommends Celebrity Millennium? Yes!

The Millennium is an older ship, but very well maintained. The one thing we really liked is that we never felt crowded on the ship in spite of the fact that it was almost sold out.
The amenities were great. We were not wanting for anything. Of course, the staterooms were not spacious, but I have had small rooms in Europe so was used to it. It was very comfortable and the beds were much better than expected.
Everything about the food was excellent. The fine dining was superb. Food was always available but yet fresh and plentiful. There were so many ethnic foods. The sushi could have been a bit better, but then again I am picky about my sushi. Very good dining experiences especially in the evening.
The friendliness and customer service of the staff was excellent. Our dinner staff were very attentive and didn't miss a thing. I enjoyed the international staff and like striking up conversations about their homelands.
We didn't use all of the activities offered, but the entertainment was very good. I love Broadway shows and particularly liked the production the ship put on about Broadway. All very good.
Skagway, Alaska
Ketchikan, Alaska
Juneau, Alaska
We took the time to go to the Alaska Brewing Co. They was very interesting.
Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska