Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to Transpacific

It was OK

Sail Date: September 25, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

We booked this cruise for the itinerary. Started in Vancouver Canada and ended in San Francisco. The ports were good! The cruising in between was very slow. The on board activities were fine. Much the same as usual.  (Exception.... Casino.... It was not very well managed. There were daily poker games listed in the itinerary but on the whole cruise there was only one table game that was played in 11 days. We tried to get the room manager to promote the game but.... not interested. Crap table had a $10 minimum and was totally empty the entire cruise. Why not bump it down to $5 and have some people actually play? Just a thought.) We've been on the Infinity several times. We had heard that it had been retrofitted. Not so much. It's dated. The new aft area is an improvement but has terrible seating for the movies/games on the big screen. I've never been a fan of cruise food. The buffet is awful! I can truly say that I went away hungry after any buffet meal. I don't mean to be a negative Nellie! On the whole we had a very nice experience but it was due to the ports. I had intended to book another cruise while we were on the ship, but the people in the Future Cruise Office were so off putting and unhelpful, I decided that it's time to explore another cruise line. (We're Captain's Cruise Elite.) Gee... after re-reading my post.... I guess I AM a negative Nellie!  Sorry about that! I've always been a Celebrity cruiser. This last one just wasn't up to par.

Surprised

Bathrooms do not have outlets for night lights. There is a built in night light. However, ours was not working. We asked our room attendant to get it taken care of but nothing happened. On day 4 we went to guest relations with our concern and it was taken care of immediately.

If you are able, take your own bags off ship. You will have a very long wait if you turn your bags over to be taken off ship at debarkation.