Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Purser

Excellent First-ime Cruise

Sail Date: July 19, 2015

Prior to sailing I read some reviews that said the food was so-so and the entertainment was the same. Not so on my cruise!

I sailed solo, had concierge class, Deck 8, Cabin 8111 and had a WONDERFUL time. While concierge class has its perks I don't know if I'd do it again because I didn't take full advantage of those perks; still it's nice to have those perks available.  I don't drink, so the welcome wine on Day One was wasted. Canapes were nice but had to be requested, and, as one reviewer said, a utensil would've been appreciated for one of the canapes. The room service menu was limited. Premium breakfast (via room service) was okay but not worth the extra money. Having fruit also was nice but it stayed there until it was eaten. Daily ice bucket service had to be requested. Loved the chocolate on the pillows at night.

Ate at The Trellis Deck 5 (wonderful and far better atmosphere than Trellis Deck 4); Bistro at Five (I paid over $50 for marginal onshore food, but at the Bistro I paid $10 for bouillabaise and shrimp Caesar salad that were far superior over the onshore food; lesson learned - eat onboard!); Qsine (interesting and innovative menu and presentation; worth the $45), and Oceanview Cafe (a zoo, but food was good; be sure to go early and "save" a table before getting your food, especially if you want a table to yourself at the window; or take your food back to your cabin).

Entertainment was top-notch! The "edutainment" nature series by Milos were fun and informative. I didn't need a beverage package (you might if you drink alcohol). Social Internet (240 minutes for $109) was perfect. Lots of clean-hands action throughout the ship were much appreciated. My only complaint was the smoker in a nearby cabin. The crew did their best to curb that rule breaker but they needed evidence to take further action beyond warnings. I would've thrown him off the ship, but that's me.

A reviewer complained about the tendering at Icy Strait Point, but on my cruise it was VERY organized. Piers are being built that will eliminate tendering in the future.

It was a wonderful experience, even with the rain in Juneau and Ketchikan--it added to the Alaskan experience, even though my zip lining and kayaking got cancelled, but that gave me a chance to explore the towns.

Kudos to the crew for their EXCELLENT service! I will definitely cruise again and most definitely with Celebrity. Love

Very comfy for this solo traveler. Lots of storage area. Loved having a sofa and balcony.
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
Be prepared to walk and walk and walk while preparing to embark and go through mucho security procedures and paperwork. Didn't have time to enjoy the pre-cruise lounge. Disembarkation wasn't as bad.
Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska
Cruise Hubbard Glacier
A reviewer suggested packing gloves and cap for this portion of the cruise, and I'm glad I did!
Juneau, Alaska
Expect rain.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Expect rain. Follow the creek beyond the waterfall and past the fishermen to the spawning ground by a side street (Freeman?).
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
If you have a balcony or verandah, open those doors and enjoy the sights and sounds!