Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to South America

Celebrity cruise's excellence no more...

Sail Date: December 07, 2013

I know in these hard ecomonic times cruise lines have to make cuts; but when you have to resort to making the food in the main dining room just barely passable, that's when I cut bait.  Celebrity had built it's reputation with having one of the best cuisine of the premium lines; but that is no longer so.  What a rude awakening!  We took the 15 night cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Valparaiso, Chile.  We had taken the same cruise 7 years ago and our 5th cruise with Celebrity.  If you order beef, expect to get the cheapest cuts of meat possible. One day I ordered "halibut" and I got served a fish that I would swear was flounder ( so fish is questionable too ). Chicken seemed to be the only fairly safe choice.  Their delicious cold soups are no longer that. You are served tasteless water down messes. Some of their desserts are good, but you better order two, or three right of the bat because you will need a magnifing glass to see them ( particularly the better tasting ones ). So if you want to eat well in a Celebrity cruise ship today, be prepared to pay extra for everything ( which will add to quite a bundle ). You will have to pay for alternative restaurants, gelato at their paying gelateria ( again, forget the water down mess of ice-cream that they serve at the upstairs Ocean Grill restaurant ).  And if you like orange juice, you won't be able to get a good glass of it, even if you pay for it.  The only time I saw them offering fresh orange juice was at the big Brunch that they had one day ( that you had to pay for ) and it was fresh orange juice; but pulpless, water downed and acid.  If your planning to sleep in late and have a wonderful breakfast like we enjoyed on the same cruise seven years ago, you guest it!  Forget it.  The included items for room service are very limited and poorly prepared ( it used to be you could order anything from the menu at no charge ).  The only omelet I could order was a plain omelet, which I ordered and turned out to be this small circular dried-up circular object. Well, enough said. I think you get the picture. There have been other downgrades  as well; but for us, the most noticable one is the present quality of the food in Celebrity cruises today. Very sad.

Children's Programs N/A

Avoid the Ocean Grill restaurant on the 10th floor for Lunch, particularly on port days. I't's a zoo. Very poorly staffed and people running amok. You better settle for any food that is within your reach forget about choosing what you what, you will be lucky to end up with whatever food you can place on your plate.