Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Amazing natural beauty

Sail Date: August 19, 2011

Having traveled with Celebrity twice before, and having been on the Summit (the exact ship as Infinity it appears), I knew what to expect.

Overall the ship itself is pedestrian. I say that only because it does not "wow" you with any of its design, ammenities or public spaces. That said, it is a perfectly clean and extremely well-groomed ship.

Pros: Ships food and service are second to none

Cons: Ship design/architecture/ammenities uninspiring

Recommends Celebrity Infinity? Yes!

Every single staff member was always smiling and was always willing to do help in any way possible. Every staff member makes you feel is if it is their goal to make sure you are having a perfect experience.
In terms of condition, accessibility and cleanliness, again, this ship is perfect and leaves you wanting nothing. The size is also excellent. However, having also been on the other major luxery cruise lines, I was unimpressed with the ship's design/spaces
Best food in the cruise industry in my opinion. Quality food is available at all times.
Both the dining room and the buffet were fabulous. Using "select" dining, I was able to eat dinner in the dining room whenever I pleased, and only had to wait once (for 15 mins).
Clean and comfortable. Excellent condition and location.
Skagway, Alaska
Davidson Glacier by Canoe was another excellent way to experience the glacier up close. I was able to view peices of the glacier falling into the water from 50 yards away. The beach and temperate rainforest visited on the same excursion were beautiful. Also, for those interested in craft beer/microbrews, don't miss the Skagway Brewery on Broadway and 8th
Don't Miss: Davidson Glacier
Juneau, Alaska
Mendenhall glacier is awe-inspiring, but for it was not actually the stop in Juneau that was the highlight of this particular day. Although not an actual a port-of-call, on the morning of the Juneau day, the ship passed into Tracy Arm Fjord. This was the highlight of the cruise. The Fjord is no more than 350-400 yards wide, and is surrounded by 3000' cliffs on both sides. At the terminus of the Fjord is the South Sawyer Glacier, which gives off the beautifully blue iceburgs you see while approaching it. This is planet earth at its finest, and the views left me feeling like I was in a scene from "The Lord of the Rings". I will never forget the feeling as long as I live. Even more impressive was the fact that the ship was able to navigate these narrow waters to within a few hundred yards of the glacier itself, and turn around in place. It was a most impressive maneuvre.
Don't Miss: Helicopter ride onto the glacier for a walk-about
Victoria, British Columbia
Our time in port in Victoria was brief (only 5 hours), leaving just enough time to visit Butchart Gardens, but it should not be missed. Perhaps the most beautiful and immaculately groomed botanical gardens I have experienced.
Don't Miss: Butchart Gardens
Ketchikan, Alaska
Totem pole park is a must-see