Relaxing Vacation

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska/Hubbard Glacier (Vancouver Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 18, 2006
Ship: Celebrity Infinity
We've just come back from a cruise to Alaska on the vessel Infinity. It was a very beautiful ship. It was nice not to hear constant announcements over the speakers. This cruise had two formal nights and two informal nights - which meant that my husband had to wear a jacket and tie on four nights of his vacation. That is a little too much to ask of a guy on his vacation. But the food was great and our waiter and busboy were 'the best'. I was really disappointed in the shows. They were just really 'nothing to write home about."
There could have been a little more activities on board. I didn't like the fact that you had to make a reservation to do 'casual dining' and were expecting to pay a $2/person gratuity charge. Also, in the afternoon, one of the lounges had pastry, but you were charged for the coffee and tea. That's ridiculous, considering that this cruise was expensive enough.
We went kayaking, which was a riot, since my husband and I didn't know what we were doing. We had a lot of fun trying though!
Do not miss the chance to go whale watching. It was cold, raining, and windy on the day we were there, but it didn't stop us from standing out on the ship and watching a group of whales feeding. I can't wait to have all my pictures developed!
Don't Miss: Whales!!
Don't Miss: Whales!!
Not much to do in this sleepy little town. Even the shopping was lousy.
Not much to do in this sleepy little town. Even the shopping was lousy.

Pros: The aromatheraphy indoor pool was Heaven!

Cons: The shops on board the ship were a little outlandish