Travels with a teen 🥺

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Celebrity Equinox

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: July 27, 2019

Ship: Celebrity Equinox

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 8276

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

I was really impressed with my Celebrity experience. And I thought it was a nice touch that Captain Cate shook our hand and thanked us as we disembarked.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

We only ate meals that were included in the cost of the sailing. Silhouette was lovely, the buffet was just average.

Loved the variety of entertainment that was offered.

My teenage grandson made lots of new friends and enjoyed the activities of the teen club.

Everyone was a delight. Special shout out to my cabin attendant Sheldon and my favorite bartender Egbert.

Very well maintained ship. Extremely clean.

Roomier than I expected and very well-maintained.

Ship tip

Would have liked a little more clarification on how to disembark. please be sure to ask if you've not sailed with Celebrity before.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Did not do an excursion as we were in the city 2 days prior to sailing. Really enjoyed the beach.

Key West, Florida

I'm sure it's lovely but it was painfully painfully hot the day we visited. Took a tour of the shipwreck museum and rode the Hop on Hop off trolley. Needless to say we did not Hop off!

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

Took the port pass excursion. Loved the bird aviary and enjoyed our time at the pool with free beverages.

Swimming with the dolphins and manatees was amazing. Although the excursion was a bit on the high side , we really did make a memory. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the inability to use my camera while with the dolphins. The price for the photographs was exorbitant! A single 5 x 7 picture was $40, and packages started at $149!

George Town, Grand Cayman

I thought all the excursions were extremely overpriced for what they offered.

Disembarkation

I did not know there was an option for us to take our own luggage off this ship. And I am confused as to how we drew one of the higher numbers to disembark.we did not get off the ship until almost 9:30. I understand that we did not have an early flight to catch, but number 36? The first number I heard called to disembark was 2, so just imagine our wait time.