Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Not up to par for Celebrity

Sail Date: December 09, 2013

I am not a fan of ships this large.  With that said, the Equinox is a majestic ship with lots of space for its 3000 passengers.

However, in many respects the food and service was not what I expected based upon prior vacations with Celebrity.

First, there is constant up-selling.  Internet time, specialty restaurants, art auctions, bingo, pictures,  land tours, spa tratments, drink packages, the list is endless.  Unlike prior sailings, we could not access the computers to do anything but go on the web for  75 cents a minute.  (I could not even view my digital pictures.)  Every time I tried to get room service to order anything in my cabin, I was put on hold for several minutes.  The food was bland, and in general service was poor.

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
really did not spend any time here
George Town, Grand Cayman
water sports type port.
Cartagena, Colombia
tour the old city, fort, etc.
Colon, Panama
rain forest tours
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
water sports, rain forest
Belize City, Belize
more water sports, rai forest
water sports, etc.

Book tours off ship. We got a tour for $40 that was booked on the ship for $90.
Get open seating (you just have to pay for tips ahead of time)