Not up to par for Celebrity

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

11 Night Ultimate Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 09, 2013
Ship: Celebrity Equinox

I am not a fan of ships this large.  With that said, the Equinox is a majestic ship with lots of space for its 3000 passengers.

However, in many respects the food and service was not what I expected based upon prior vacations with Celebrity.

First, there is constant up-selling.  Internet time, specialty restaurants, art auctions, bingo, pictures,  land tours, spa tratments, drink packages, the list is endless.  Unlike prior sailings, we could not access the computers to do anything but go on the web for  75 cents a minute.  (I could not even view my digital pictures.)  Every time I tried to get room service to order anything in my cabin, I was put on hold for several minutes.  The food was bland, and in general service was poor.

Book tours off ship. We got a tour for $40 that was booked on the ship for $90.
Get open seating (you just have to pay for tips ahead of time)

really did not spend any time here
water sports type port.
tour the old city, fort, etc.
rain forest tours
water sports, rain forest
more water sports, rai forest
water sports, etc.