Great cruise on the Equinox

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Contributor Level: Third Mate

12 Night Mediterranean (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 08, 2013
Ship: Celebrity Equinox
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: GTY

It was our second time on the Equinox and I don't think it could have been any better. We are Elite with Celebrity and were treated extremely well and we ended up taking a suite guarantee that was a steal for a little over $600. The suite benefits were excellent. The Captains Club host Roosy was a shining star of the trip. We were asked to sit at the Captains table one night and we eventually accepted. We didn't have dinner with the Captain but had dinner with the Chief Engineer. We almost didn't accept because I didn't bring a suit or jacket on this cruise. I told Roosy of my dilema and she arranged for me to borrow a complementary tux jacket for the dinner. As i said before she was great. As for the cruise itself it was also great. A 12 night cruise with an overnight in Venice. I highly recommend the itinerary many great ports. We did ship tours as we had a $1000 of onboard credit to use up and we were not disappointed with any of them and the tour guides were all very nice people and very knowledgeable and happy to tell about thier countries. We have done almost 50 cruises now and this is one of the best. We were very happy.

We usually ate in Blu and it was very good.

I thought the staff were well trained and wanted the passengers to enjoy themselves.

We had an S2 suite and were very happy with it and its location.

If you ever get a chance to do a suite guarantee please consider it.

We had three nights there before the cruise and if you can try to gett to spend some nights there before or after we think its a great city.
Wehad been to Rome last year and this time we took a half day tour instead much more relaxing.
Most impressive port we have ever sailed in or out of.