Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

the greek islands were great

Sail Date: October 20, 2011

The ship was well laid out. The staff had ongoing activities all day and night. I found the ship's temperature, as I do all ships, too cold and I constantly had to wear a warm jacket. the staff was very helpful. Ship's food was a little disappointing as we had come to expect more from Celebrity.

Pros: greek islands and people we met aboard

Cons: istanbul was not what we expected. I would not return there. we needed more assistance in navigating the cities if not taking an excursion throgh the ship.

Recommends Celebrity Equinox? Yes!

food often came out at dinner over done and cold.
very clean
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
we did not go the ruins, but did walk around the city and the pigeon fort. If we had time, I would have gotten a turkish bath.
Don't Miss: we did not go the ruins.
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
We had been here before and had seen the Acropolis and Parthenon. Athens tends to be crowded and dirty, but we took a nice 1/2 day excursion through the ship to show the highlights of the city and the tour guide was excellent and made the trip worthwhile.
Don't Miss: most people go to see the antiquities.
Istanbul, Turkey
this was the biggest disapointment. Vendorse were rude and the Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace were extremely overcrowed and not as impressive as anticipated. The vendors in the bazaar did not barter as we were told they would.
Don't Miss: Blue Mosque, Bazaars and Topkapi Palace, but do it at "off" times.
Naples, Italy
WE went to Capri. we have been there before and enjoy it. People are pleasant. WE walked all the way up the pedestrian steps to the top of the town. We were too tired to go to Ana-Capri.
Don't Miss: would have loved an extra day or two in Naples to see the Amalphi coast.
Santorini, Greece
This is my all time favorite port. I took a wonderful excursion through the ship to the town of Oia with wine tasting and then down to the town of Fira. Again, the excursion and guide were quite good.
Don't Miss: just enjoying the coastline and atmosphere of Greece.
Mykonos, Greece
One of my favorite ports. You don't need to take an excursion...just soak up the atmosphere.