Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Dream Cruise

Sail Date: May 27, 2011

Room Type: Suite

I booked this as my "cruise of a lifetime". Now I'm hooked and will return to Celebrity again and again.

Pros: The service was exemploty

Cons: Short time in ports

Recommends Celebrity Equinox? Yes!

The main dining room experience was overall very good. It is quite a feat to feed a 5 star meal for 750+ in less than a 2 hour period. They did the best they could and the varying menu selections were terrific.
The main entertainment events were somewhat lacking at times based on my experience on other cruiselines.
I booked my cruise last minute and it was not until after I was committed that I heard from so many of my friends that either they had personally been on this ship or knew someone who had. I guess I lucked out because everyone I heard about had wonderful things to say and I felt the same from beginning to end of my cruise!
I knew that by booking a suite we would have a larger stateroom than on previous cruises. That was an understatement. I am now afraid that I have spoiled myself for future
After only one visit to any one of their many specialty bars the staff remembered our names each time.
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
The city was surprisingly run down but of course the Acropolis is a do not miss. It gave me chills.
Don't Miss: The Acropolis
Rhodes, Greece
This was a lazy day of walking, shopping and eating for us. We could not have picked a better port to accomplish that. It was BEAUTIFUL!
Don't Miss: Just walking the village is worth the trip!
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Good shopping if that's what you are there for.
Don't Miss: Hiring a taxi on your own once in port was much more reasonable but they are quite the salesmen once you are in their cab
Santorini, Greece

Don't Miss: Oia
Mykonos, Greece

Don't Miss: Walk the white-washed village streets. This is what Greece is all about.
Naples, Italy
I did not see any of Naples because I had a 10 hour excursion to Capri and Pompeii. I was sorry to miss the city but Pompeii was definitely worth it. It gave me chills! While Capri was one of the most picturesque places I have ever been, I did not have enough time there to get a good feel of it and it was far too expensive for shopping.
Don't Miss: Pompeii
Messina, Sicily
Graffity and trash everywhere! Do they not have a city sanitation department in this city?
Don't Miss: I think an inland excursion would have been worth it