Great entertainment, nice cabin, disappointed in dining room selection

Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

14 Night Western Mediterranean (Southampton Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 03, 2016
Ship: Celebrity Eclipse

The evening entertainment was outstanding night after night.  The live orchestra was also fantastic and added much to the performances.  Our cabin was comfortable with a sofa in front of the television.  We chose a cabin with an obstructed view but still the view was more than adequate and we enjoyed sitting on the balcony weather permitting.  The dinner menu seemed bland to me.  The pastas and Indian dishes offered more flavor and spices.  The service in the Moonlight Sonata was excellent as well as in our cabin. If you want to make the most of the ports, you need to do your homework. Even when you take the ship's tours, you are not necessarily told about sights of interest that you can see during your free time. If you decide to do the port yourself, you receive minimal information while on the ship.  All in all we had a very good time.

To many bland dishes on the dining room menu in the evening. I ordered an entree that I think said Cajun or at least New Orleans inspired but it had no spices/seasonings on it. I mostly ate Italian or Indian entrees. Disappointed that we could not get anytime dining.

Loved the lectures. My husband enjoyed the casino.

Entertainment was outstanding: Jayne Curry was our favorite followed by The MacDonald Brothers, Laura Brand, Davie Howes, Stevie B, Izabella Zebrowska, Steve Larkins. The band is wonderful. Keep using live music.

Ramon and Vitaly did a great job of keeping our cabin clean and stocked with necessities. Both were very pleasant. We enjoyed Eddie-the cruise director. His "10 things about" series was interesting and great fun.

I liked having a sofa in our cabin. Much better than having to sit on the bed all the time.

I like having the sofa. Much better than sitting on bed. Room was bigger than I anticipated.

Go to the evening shows. Do your homework re tours and sights of interest.

See the monkeys and St Michael's Cave
Monte Carlo Casino was beautiful. Monaco is very interesting. Eze was lovely. Go to the Botanic Garden at the top.
I wish the staff had given us directions to the train station and told us about the boat to the CInque Terre. More info should be offered about seeing the port on your own. Monterosso is beautiful.
Cramming Rome into one day is not that satisfying.
The ships City tour was disappointing/Get the Hop On Hop Off bus which stops just outside the terminal
Picasso Museum is top notch with a great audio guide. The shuttle bus from the ship worked great.
The Sintra tour guide left us across the street from the National Plalace but did not identify it or tell us we could tour it. All she told us about was shopping. The Celebrity information did not say it could be toured either. I still enjoyed Lisbon/Sintra despite the tour.