Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Purser

some good some bad

Sail Date: May 31, 2016

The itinerary was what I liked best. Most of the entertainment was excellent , especially the Beatles group and the house band. The cabin service  and dining service were also excellent

The aqua class restaurant Blu had a repetitive menu and overall I thought San Marco had better selections . Most starters and salads , soups and deserts were excellent . The steak was tough and only moderately tasty.

I encountered a problem at check in , our sea passes were not with the others ,after 10 minutes we were brought to another desk where I was told I had an additional $12.00 due but had to see guest relations desk .I did not need this useless delay after a long day of travel.When I asked what the charge was for ,and they did not know and had to call Miami .I went back the next  two days and they still did not know and credited my account the $ 12.00.

Another communications lapse occurred when I got Norovirus and saw the nurse ,  was given Imodium and  antibiotics and an elixir for cramps . and sent to my cabin . I felt fine in the morning and headed for the buffet for breakfast , our housekeeper spotted me and told me I was to stay in my cabin till released , hence missed best port of Ephesus . I was stuck with room service with a lousy menu ,best thing on it was a B L T, hardly cruise fare . The following day I go back to Guest Relations and ask if  there is any reimbursement for missed day  due to Norovirus outbreak ,told me there was no outbreak. There were 22 cases , 6 from  Blu , do the math .They were cleaning constantly pushing handcleaner at every venue. They said would send info to my cabin , when I got nothing I asked again , only to get nothing , then I asked when I would get It . They replied  tonight by 8pm. Went back at 8pm and was told it was on the way .Got it at about 830pm last night . It promised an unknown credit amount on a future cruise expiring in one year . Why should it expire and what is the amount?

The crew were outstanding except for guest relations and  nurse with lack of communication.

Having last sailed on the Eclipse I could not recommend the Constellation to others . I would tell them to go Solstice class.

Excellent except poor water pressure
see my review