Celebrity Century Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

I'd cruise Celebrity anytime!

Sail Date: September 07, 2010

Liked being on a smaller ship. Had never cruised Celebrity before, great experience. The shower in the room needed some repair, but was clean and useable.

Pros: My balcony and breakfast in the room

Cons: Lack of dining options

Recommends Celebrity Century? Yes!

Would have liked more dining options and a wider variety on the buffet instead of what seemed like the same menu. But the food was always good.
Loved my balcony!
"Guru" joked about being offended that I was carrying a Holland America bag for a shore excursion, so he made sure I had a lovely Celebrity Cruise bag in my room when I returned from the excursion, along with a note.
Mykonos, Greece
Took the tour to Delos - Mykonos is a picture post card
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Salerno (Naples), Italy
Arranged for a private tour. It was absolutely wonderful. The Amalfi Coast is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen or been to.l
Don't Miss: The drive along the coast line and the little towns.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
The Vatican, St. Peter's, the Sistine Chapel. Wonderful tour guide, so knowledgeable. The lunch was lovely provided on the excursion.
Don't Miss: The Sistine Chapel
Messina, Sicily
Went to Tourmina - lovely little city - what I though Italy was supposed to look like.
Don't Miss: The churches.
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
The Parthenon, all of the ruins.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Had arranged for a private tour, it was wonderful!
Don't Miss: The tower at Pisa and the square in Florence
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
Good tour guide, beautiful scenery. Quite a long wait to board the bus.Glad to have seen the area