Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Had a great time! I am looking forward to the next Carnival cruise vacation.

Sail Date: January 02, 2016

My husband and I took my 77 year old mom and dad.  We all had a great time. The waiting staff in the Washington Dinning room were great!  They even remembered our names when they met us in other places on the ship. The food was not only great but there were plenty of healthy alternatives.  I liked that even if we all have different food preferences we all found something we really liked every single time. The only reason why I am not giving this cruise a five is that the ship Carnival Valor is getting a little old and the outside windows were quite dirty.

Cabin was small but perfect for us. We hardly spent any time in our room. The bed was very comfortable and to my surprise, with all the music going on upstairs, our room was quite and we had a great rest every single night. We looked forward to being greeted by the "towel animal" every night.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic
We purchased a taxi at Amber Cove that cost us $70 and we had him for 3 hours. That included 4 people. We saw the historic downtown Puerto Plata. Shopping here was more expensive though.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
San Juan, Puerto Rico
There is a free hop-on, hop-off shuttle that takes you around the city. It comes by every 15 minutes.
Grand Turk Island
The ship docks on a beach! Do not waste your money for shore excursions.

We stayed at the Days Inn in Cocoa one day prior to boarding and they gave us a coupon for 40% off port parking. Saved more than $50.