Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Review of Carnaval Valor

Sail Date: August 29, 2015

Overall, it was a pleasant trip after they found my luggage and got it back to us three days later.  Every employee on the ship was very friendly and courteous.  Very clean, although I did end up getting strep throat.  My husband got sick also.  The food, as always, was excellent.  The wait staff was the best.

It was clean and neat. Tight, but that is what we expected, wanted an interior room so it would be darker, quieter and cooler. One major problem, our room rocked and rolled until midnight with the music either below us or from the lido deck. it was pretty bad, so out of all the trips we have had, we now know what parts of the ship NOT to stay on. There was no such thing as going to bed early. The mattresses were really nasty.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Stayed at the Raddison near the Port, very easy shuttle to the port, much cheaper to park there and they took us and our luggage to and from the port. So much nicer and easier than what we thought we would have to do.
Liked the island trip, just wish we could have swam with the dolphins.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Ah, Megan's Bay, I am at a loss for words, I LOVE that beach!! My favorite.
San Juan, Puerto Rico Didn't get off here.
Grand Turk Island
The water was beautiful but when you got off the beach and into the water it was all rocks and hard to walk. I was disappointed in that after waiting a year to get there.

Never did find the serenity deck, wish we had. We kept looking for a quiet place to read, never did find it - even in the library. Took forever and 5 trips around the middle of the ship to find the Web. Could have used better signage.