Review of Carnaval Valor

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 29, 2015
Ship: Carnival Valor

Overall, it was a pleasant trip after they found my luggage and got it back to us three days later.  Every employee on the ship was very friendly and courteous.  Very clean, although I did end up getting strep throat.  My husband got sick also.  The food, as always, was excellent.  The wait staff was the best.

It was clean and neat. Tight, but that is what we expected, wanted an interior room so it would be darker, quieter and cooler. One major problem, our room rocked and rolled until midnight with the music either below us or from the lido deck. it was pretty bad, so out of all the trips we have had, we now know what parts of the ship NOT to stay on. There was no such thing as going to bed early. The mattresses were really nasty.

Never did find the serenity deck, wish we had. We kept looking for a quiet place to read, never did find it - even in the library. Took forever and 5 trips around the middle of the ship to find the Web. Could have used better signage.

Stayed at the Raddison near the Port, very easy shuttle to the port, much cheaper to park there and they took us and our luggage to and from the port. So much nicer and easier than what we thought we would have to do.
Liked the island trip, just wish we could have swam with the dolphins.
Ah, Megan's Bay, I am at a loss for words, I LOVE that beach!! My favorite.

San Juan, Puerto Rico Did not visit port

Didn't get off here.
The water was beautiful but when you got off the beach and into the water it was all rocks and hard to walk. I was disappointed in that after waiting a year to get there.