Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Worth a Wonderful 5 ports Cruise

Sail Date: February 01, 2015

This ship is the oldest fashion designed ship I have ever taken. The room is spacious and clean with full services. The dinning room is not crowd, very relaxed. The buffet dinning hall is large in comparison with other new ships. Service staff are nice, friendly and very helpful. Usually they looked more aged and experienced than those in the new ships. Food in both dinning areas are delicious, cooked slow and nicely, not like in the crowded new ships. The best Brick oven Pizza was so good and it was served overnight. I had to go to the 9th floor at 2 am to grab one.

We did take 3 excursions and two local town tours. The 5 port stops are very interesting, not boring everyday.

The performance in the theatre is ok and seats are very comfortable. Since this is a light travel season, I think the public space is no large enough to all the kids to play if during the summer vacation. The swimming pool is too small. It looks like a kid play pool but the water is deep. Jacuzzi is great. I think seniors love the hot spa very much. I will definitely recommend my adult friends back again.

Children's Programs No children
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Fortress and old San Juan
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Town trip
Bridgetown, Barbados
Island trip
Castries, St. Lucia
Boat tour around the island
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Great Fortress
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Island trip

The serenity deck is a good creative design. However, the spa water is pretty cold because it is at the 11th floor with very strong wind. You can't sit there too long because the wind, lower temperature and wet body. If we can be warm and dry, it will be a best and quite place to stay for the view