Cruising on the Valor from San Juan

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 31, 2014
Ship: Carnival Valor

Although I really love Carnival cruise line the Valor is not one of my favorite ships.  The reason being its outdated and could use a lot of touching up in many areas. I only agreed to give it a 2nd try because it was about 10 of us going this time.  I will admit that we had one of the most beautiful views in our scenic ocean view cabin 9199 and the cruise director Felipe was remarkable.  Also the washington lower dining room staff were wonderful as well as the food.  This was the 1st time that my group and I ate in the main dining room every evening on any ship.  The housekeeping service wasn't good at all which was somewhat due to staffing issues.  Barbados and St. Maarten were my favorite of the ports we visited.

The main dining room food and service was wonderful.

Would've liked just a little less trivia and more of something else.

The comedians were hilarious. The shows were awesome my favorite this year was the Talent show everyone did a good job. Felipe really put on a good Dolly Parton... LOL.

My best friends grandson loved it.

The cruise director Felipe, The entertainment director and mc ( I can't remember his name... Dang!) He was great though, and the Washington lower 6pm dining staff. Housekeeping not so good though.

Needs some upgrades.

The view was beautiful especially at sunrise and sunset.

The shows were amazing, so make sure to get to the theater early if you want good seats.