Cruise wonderful, cheap cruises terrible

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 29, 2014
Ship: Carnival Valor

Our cruise experience was wonderful, but i will not book through cheap cruises again. When I booked, they advertised "up to $500 shipboard credit."  I booked. I did not receive any credit at all. There is no email address to contact customer service so you are forced to call them. When you make the selection for already booked cruises, you wait for hours and will not get through to anyone. You will get a person onlly when you indicate you want to book a new cruise. So I did that and they checked and told me I would receive a $75 shipboard credit and that it would be applied to my bill that i receive on the final day of my cruise. I didn't get it. I called Carnival (who by the way had wonderful customer service) and they said I had to call cheap cruises. I did once again and waited over two hours on two consecutive days and never got a person. So, I have never received my $75 credit. I will definitely cruise Carnival again but I will book directly with the cruise line. I won't use Cheap Cruises.

8-year old program was great; 14 year old program was not

Was fine but décor was dated.

Balcony room on Verandah deck was great -- 8249. Close to elevators but not so close that you could hear them. Give acupuncture a chance!

Stayed at Caribe Hilton night bvefore cruise -- excellent add on!
snorkel with turtles
Shipyard beach excelletn and well worth $15 admin. fee
great views from mountains
went to Mrigot on french side and saw galleries and had crepes for lunch