Good Seven Day Getaway

Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Exotic Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 16, 2008
Ship: Carnival Valor
Great time aboard the ship, however some ports had much to be desired.

Don't Miss: The Beach
Awesmoe, Awesome, Awesome Island. Beautiful, lush jungle and fantastic beach. If I had my way, I would have hung out at this port for all seven days.
Don't Miss: Swim with the dolphins then go to the beach. Absolutely amazing!
This islands jungles were decimated by hurricane Katrina. Really not much to look at and the beaches are limestone. Not very good comfortwise, however I am told the snorkling is good. I took an ATV challenge and felt ripped off afterwards... it was supposed to be a trip thru the jungle to see Mayan ruins. It was more like a trip thru knee high brush to see an uninteresting limestone cave and water hole (not recommended).
Don't Miss: Im told the snorkling is nice.
It rained when we were there, I missed the beach, so not sure how nice they are.
Don't Miss: The shopping was great here.... this is where you get the best prices.

Pros: Great variety of food, extremely friendly staff

Cons: The ports of call were not all that great.

Recommends Carnival Valor? Yes!