Carnival Triumph Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Amazing people, dated, smelly ship

Sail Date: April 08, 2016

I have all good things to say about the staff of the triumph.  Very friendly and hard working.  The ship itself is dated, needing some serious updating, and on deck 8, where our balcony was, was a distinctive smell of poo.  It was in the hallway and did not disrupt our trip, but was noticeable, and the carpets were discolored.  The ship did not feel all together clean, but was not scary dirty either.  This was a bargain cruise for us, so these were excusable.  Had I paid more, I would have been furious.  Our safe did not work in our stateroom, beds were comfortable.  The entertainment seemed lacking on this cruise.  A lot of comedy, a marriage game show, magic show, and a couple shows we missed because we didn't know what they were.  Mardis Gras something, it was not labeled as a show, so unfortunately we missed it.  We had late dinner, which worked really well on previous cruises, on different lines.  This one however, we felt we missed things because of our dinner.  The sea days were boring.  we found ourselves playing cards on the lido deck, eating ice cream.  There was nothing to do!  The casino was smokey, and you had to walk through there to get to some other parts of the ship.  Not good for me, I'm super sensitive to smoke and still feel like I have a sore throat.  Kids also have to go through there for the Dr Seuss parade and to get to the other parts of the ship as well. The food was pretty good, I'm not going to complain much about that, as I feel it was average.

Safe was broken, had trouble with the toilet when we got there. quickly fixed. The room was basically clean. (I'm picky) I did sanitize the room upon arrival. The beds were comfortable. The pink leatherette couch was kinda gross looking. The balcony door was functional. Two hanging closets, three drawers, a space for luggage, no shelves.

I brought nightlights and suction cup hooks for jewelry, binoculars, etc... Pizza pirate was not good. Guys burgers was consistently good.