My 50th Birthday Cruise

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Splendor

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 10, 2019

Ship: Carnival Splendor

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 1079

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This cruise was a gift to myself for my 50th Birthday. I had a good time on board the fun club did a great job. my dining room experience was not good we were given a 8pm time and were always the last table to be served every night oven getting done with dessert at or after 10pm. Often missing the on board shows unless we skipped dessert or ate some where else. I was told by my booking agent that my room would be made up for my birthday and nothing was done except for a discount for a photo and money off a spa. I was very disappointed.

Embarkation

It was a experience

Ship experiences

specialty Restaurant was great. Buffets was sub par. our dining room took way too long to get our food.

Fun club was great pools and hot tubs were always packed

our wait staff for the most part was slow. our room stewards over looked a moldy bar of soap that sat in our bathroom next to our sink for three days until we said something.

ship was clean but needed to be worked on broken window in one of the ships buffets eating area. Ceiling 0n deck 5 by stores worn and in need of repair.

our Balcony rail was in bad shape in need of refinishing. overall the inside was ok, outdated the king bed was two small beds pushed together that kept separating every night and didn't get addressed when asked.

Ports of call

Long Beach (Los Angeles), California

we liked them all

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Mazatlan, Mexico

we love the tour of the city

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

we love the city and the rythems of the night

Disembarkation