Amazing Vacation

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Splendor

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: July 07, 2018

Ship: Carnival Splendor

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 2215

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Overall, our cruise was amazing. I love the Splendor and am sad that the ship is leaving next year. I would definitely recommend the behind the fun tour. I knew the crew all worked very hard to ensure we had a perfect vacation but it was great to see it all first hand.

Embarkation

We arrived around 1:00 for our check in time. We were on the ship within minutes of our arrival.

Ship experiences

The Alexandria Library

My kids and I loved late nights in the library playing board games as a family. My only complaint is that groups of teens would come in and trash the place leaving game pieces scattered everywhere. These were brand new games put out on our embarkation day.

Ports of call

Long Beach (Los Angeles), California

Long Beach is an easy port to maneuver in and out of. I’m local to the area so I didn’t arrive early or do anything extra while in town.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

We love visiting Cabo. Medano Beach is a 20-30 minute walk around the marina. You can take a water taxi, but you miss out on so much along the way including the giant #cabo sign. Medano Beach is absolutely beautiful. The water is clean and you get the most beautiful views there.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Puerto Vallarta is nice. There’s a beach right by the port that’s only a short walk. The water was very calm and warm. There’s also a mall and a Walmart right across the street from the ship which we utilized for a few needed items.

Disembarkation