New Memories with my grandson.

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Splendor

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: July 07, 2018

Ship: Carnival Splendor

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8375

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

We took this cruise for 2 reasons. My birthday, and his 8th grade graduation. There were to be 3 of us but my son died in January so it was only 2. We needed the time to heal, and bond.. We will do another cruise and probably with Carnivale but a different destination. We had a good time on board but I can honestly say, traveling with a child and not an adult you get a totality different perspestive on cruising.

Embarkation

We flew in and out of LAX. I added the Shuttle service thru Carnivale and was glad I did. No problem getting there and back.

Ship experiences

We had one elegant dinner in the dinning room. My grandson had prime rib and I had the lobster tail dinner. The food was good, the service was good. We were there almost 2 hours sitting and waiting it was a little chaotic. My grandson did not stay around for dessert. I did and chocolate hazelnut cake.

Pools were crowded with small children. I was able to get a deck chair and sun myself. Watched the fun crew on the Lido deck.

Our room steward Bjorn was excellent!!!

They did a good job of cleaning, with all the smaller kids spilling and dropping stuff they kept up with it.

Ship tip

I asked for room with a balcony what the pictures show and what you get are not the same. Next time I save money and get an outside room no balconey.

Ports of call

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

we had a nice visit. we walked around and had a nice lunch on shore did a little shopping..

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

We did the ziplining and horsebackriding. It was excellent...

Disembarkation