A Magnificent Cruise

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Splendor

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 27, 2017

Ship: Carnival Splendor

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 1293

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

We started our cruise off marvelously with a group of friends and we enjoyed every aspect of our cruise. We had a friend cruise for the first time and she is ready to book another one in the near future as a family cruise. I always love cruising and this cruise was at the top of my list. Music, fun, singing, movies, food were all top notch.

Embarkation

The wait time was short - 30 minutes wait and once boarded, everything was smooth sailing. It was pouring rain and this is the first time I have ever embarked and it was raining. I was shocked to see that the ship had a cover for the deck and the party could continue on. AWESOME!!!

Ship experiences

Buffet line was long, but worth the wait and the food was wonderful. The main dining room staff was excellent and the food was really really good.

Pools, spa, fitness, relaxing, karoke, all was great.

I went to the entertainment every night and I loved each show. The singing, and performances were spectacular.

Our head steward always had our room ready when we came back to it. Anything we needed, he provided. We had a great steward and his name was Ludo. Our meal time was in the Gold Pearl at 6PM. We went with a group of 11 people, hoping to have one table, but weren't able to do that, but our tables were one behind the other and that was great. Our waiters, Jyoti, Arranis and the third person, I forgot to get his name, was awesome.

The ship was always clean and the layout was easy to get around the ship. I did have a problem though having to mostly go through the casino area to get from front to back of the ship and it does interfere wiith those of us who don't smoke or has asthmatic problems. Sometimes, you could not get to the other floors when in a hurry and had no choice but to walk through that area.

For an inside cabin, this was actually the largest inside cabin I have ever been in on Carnival Cruise Lines. I loved it. The beds were comfortable as usual and the room was immaculate.

Ship tip

Get there early and enjoy everything they have to offer.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida Did not visit port

Grand Turk Island

Went to the beach and did not go into the port as I have been here before. The beach was very nice though.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Enjoyed my visit in Puerto Rico and did have a good tour of the island.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Did take a ride on the Sky Ride and enjoyed that ride very much. Then went into town and bought some jewelry and that was nice.

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

Took a taxi excursion and enjoyed our tour. Our tour guide was very informative and did some purchasing of jewelry here. Visited the Lari Mar place and enjoyed our visit here also.

Disembarkation

Disembarkation was smooth and actually went well. I always hate getting off the ship, but it is what it is.