Great Ship BUT HAD HORRIBLE NEIGHBORS ABOVE AND NEXT DOOR TO BALCONY CABIN 7444 AFT!

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Splendor

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 27, 2017

Ship: Carnival Splendor

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 7444

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Wonderful cruise and had a great time. I wish the security could patrol the cabin hallways and monitor the passengers more closely (especially at night) as quite a few passenger were sooo drunk and disorderly. I do not like this at all, especially since I paid my hard earned money to relax and have a good time. I felt like I had to silently suffer from other people not knowing their limits and no one keeping them in check. It is seriously making me consider trading up to a more expensive cruise line just to get away from this type of behavior.

Embarkation

Easy and efficient process.

Ship experiences

The dining room food is superb! Great wait staff and wonderful food and drink. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Only reason for 4 stars is because we had a booth and the booth is really only comfortable for 2 people but on the 4th night 2 people showed up and we asked to be seated for a table for 2 which they happily accommodated us. It would have been more comfortable had the table had chairs for 4 and not try stuffing 4 people in a small booth.

Excellent cabin steward Thelm!

We had a great cabin but the neighbors directly behind the bed were drunk and obnoxiously loud every single day and night. The people directly above our room were sooo loud with profanity and smoking cigarettes and marijuana from the balcony and tossing the ashes over their balcony that we had no choice but to call security which they came right away. It stopped until the last night as they just did not care since we were about to leave the ship in a few hours.

Ship tip

Sail the Splendor and spend the extra for the balcony as we have done twice now. I highly recommend this as it is so worth it! I just wish people were more considerate of there neighbors is all! Nothing against Carnival Splendor though!

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

Grand Turk Island

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

Disembarkation

Very easy! Make sure you take your luggage off as you are the first to leave. If you leave in at night for the crew to unload for you, then you are the last to leave the ship. But t all goes quickly and efficiently!

Traveler Photos

Melting Chocolate Cake w/ice cream Salmon Cakes Wonderful Mojito - Bartender Oliver was Awesome!