Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Bermuda

Don't sail on the Carnival Splendor.

Sail Date: May 26, 2016

Some of the crew could use lessons in people skills and professionalism.  We selected a 220 sq ft with picture window, sofa and twin beds that convert to king.  We were put in a room that was about 150 sq feet with 1 closet and a coffee table that was up against the one closet with 1 chair.  When we inquired about this, we were told we would have to wait until the next morning and someone would contact us.  It never happened.  We went back to customer service and were told there were NO EMPTY CABINS on the ship until my husband said he wanted to speak with the captain.  Then miraculously a cabin became available.  We later found out that the cabin next to us and across from us were both empty for the entire cruise.  We lost almost 2 days of our cruise. The person in charge was rude and said she had more important things to deal with than us complaining about our cabin.  I have been on 16 cruises and this was the worst of all.  Also, the cruise director, Chloe, was poor at best.  She was almost never seen (we heard her voice over the intercom).  The comedy club was terrible.  No one was the least bit funny.  I have sailed on 4 other Carnival cruises which were fine, but not this one.  Don't go the Grand Turk.  It is anything but grand.  The poorest place I've ever been.  The excursion was terrible; nothing to see but slum areas and the guide could not be understood at all.  Wasted money.

We were changed (with a great deal of aggravation) because we were not put in the 220 sq foot cabin as we reserved. Person in charge was rude and told us there were no other cabins. There were. It took us 2 days to get it fixed.

Don't go on the Splendor. I heard more complaints than I've ever heard before on all of my other 16 bined.