Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruise Director

Splendid Splendor

Sail Date: June 18, 2013

This was our 1st time on Splendor. I love the ship except for the fact that it could be tricky getting to the main dinning room. The galley splits up the hallway so you have to go up a level then down or down a level then up. Also, I was not crazy about the serenity deck. On Miracle, Serenity has its own pool, hot tub and bar. This one did not.
It certainly did not ruin my trip because there is so much going on most times. The crew was just wonderful as usual. I am amazed at how the stewards and dining crew can remember your names. They always have a smile on their faces.
We did the steakhouse on the 1st night. You get a free bottle of wine then. Dinner was delish. It only cost $35.00 per person. and is very well worth it.
The one day it was very foggy and the fog horn was going often. That's OK with me because I love that sound.
Also, my sister talked me into getting a day pass for the spa. It cost $40.00 and you have 24 hours to use it as much as you want. It was REALLY nice.
It was my aunts birthday a few days before we left so I had their room decorated as a surprise. They did a really good job. I also had a birthday cake delivered to dinner that night.
We had choppy waters one day so they hung "barf bags" all over the ship. I giggled when I first saw that.

Cruise Photos

We had a balcony and a balconies go, it was nice. Before I book a room, I always study the deck plan. I like to see what is below our room and also above it. I wouldn't want to be under lido or above a lounge that has a band.
We got there early, 11ish and got on in under 20 minutes. Debarkation can take awhile.
The ship was always clean and fresh.
We had sailed these ports before so we had a game plan as to where we were going.
Love the comedians and musicians all over the ship.
I did the behind the scenes tour. It is about 3 hours and cost $95.00. You go all over the ship in places you normally would not. Lots of up and down steps. You get a bunch of gifts and 2 8X10 photos. One is of the group on the bridge with the captain. That was the highlight of the tour for me.
We personally don't have any kids but my family that was with us did. The kids love Camp Carnival so much that you hardly see them except at dinner.
Lots to do, ice carving, comedians, BINGO, arts and crafts, musicians, etc.
Always great service. Always smiling.
Dinner was always great. On the 1st night we went to the steakhouse. You get a free bottle of wine that night.
New York, New York
I always love to watch the scenery as we sail out of port.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We have been here before so we knew where we wanted to go. All were in walking distance. Baracchina, the birth place of the pina colada. We go there just so we can have one. The liquor store right there at the pier. You can get really cheap liquor there. Don Q distillery museum. You got a free drink there. The local Harley Davidson store to get a tshirt. I found a great tchotchke place that was close to the ship.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
St. Thomas is beautiful. We went to Coral World on our own. We went there to swim with sharks. Yes, sharks. It was fun. Also at Coral World, they have a huge aquarium and a lorikeet exhibit where you can feed the lorikeets plus more that I did not get to see. I want to go back. The cab driver set a time and picked us up. On the way back to the ship, he stopped at a beautiful over look so we could get pictures. Out of nowhere came a man and a donkey that was wearing flowers and clothes. He said her name was Monica Lewinski (LOL) and let you take pictures with her for a donation. She was cute. We later went to Magic Ice ice bar. You get a parka, gloves and leg warmers to keep you warm. There were ice sculptures all over. You get a free shot and a shot glass to take home.
Grand Turk Island
Grand Turk is our favorite island. On Grand Turk we did the dune buggy excursion. This was our 2nd time doing this. It takes you around most of the island and you stop at an over look and at the lighthouse. This time it rained for a few minutes but we still had fun.

I try to hit all the tea times that are offered. At tea time they have hot tea, desserts and hors d'oeuvres. It is free and lasts about an hour. I always try to be 1st in line so I can get a window seat.