Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Fall vacation

Sail Date: November 08, 2015

The ship was nice enough.  We found ourselves trying to find things to do everyday to occupy our time.  They didn't have may activities available.  We were very disappointed in that.  There was trivia, but the games and shows were non-existent. There was comedy at the Punchliner and that's about it. The staff was amazing as usual.  The food was pretty good. We are fans of Carnival, just was not very fond of this particular cruise.  Hopefully the cruise director will have more to do on sea days as well as day the ship docks. Carnival is cutting back on perks offered to  VIP program members and that is very disappointing.  You would think they would do whatever it takes to keep return customers.  We usually have a coupon book for gold members, not anymore.  Makes you want to consider cruising another line with a better program for return customers.  We have cruised many times and Carnival has been our cruise line of choice not sure if we will continue being loyal Carnival customers.  Staff is great, I  just feel like they don't really want to take care of the return customers.

The cabin was always clean. You get so spoiled with the level of service the steward provides. Our steward knew our names immediately. Love the experience.
Surprising enough embarkation was smooth. We were not able to board early. They started letting us on around noon. Disembarkation was pretty smooth. We did self assist and were able to leave about 930.
Super clean. Was not the prettiest ship in their fleet.
I Wish the cruise director had more for us to do.
Not enough activities available. Plenty of comedy and that was about it.
Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic
When you get off the ship walk through the gate towards the city. Make a left go on the other side of the wall, there is a very nice free beach there. There is local food, drinks, and souvenirs there. There are free beach chairs as well. Note: Looks sketchy, but it was safe. Save yourself $40 pp for a taxi and walk 10 minutes to the beach.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Beautiful! We rented scooters and toured the island. Go to Meghans Beach. Don't know if I'm spelling it correctly, but it is amazing!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Full of wonderful history. We had a great tour guide. As soon as you go through the terminal there are plenty of tour buses for you to choose from.
Grand Turk Island
We love this island. We rented scooters and it took about an hour or so to go around the entire island. It is worth the rental. If you want something other than Margaritaville, go down the beach there are a couple of restaurants there with great priced food and drinks. Much better than Margaritaville I believe. We found a little tent where the guy was selling 2 for $5 rum punch.

The taste bar is amazing! My husband loves Pizza Pirate. I tried the burger and it was so freaking delicious. I'm not a huge beef eater, but I found myself going back a couple of times.