Cruises just aren't my cup of tea

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 08, 2015

Let me start by saying this was our first cruise, our normal vacation is an all inclusive resort. We will continue to do the resorts in the future. I get it, you are on the boat for 2 days where you either drink yourself silly, gamble, watch shows, go to the spa, eat, or go to a pool and literally rub elbows with other cruisers. My point is, most of this costs money and in order to occupy yourself for 2 days, you spend lots of it.

I just didn't enjoy the confinement aspect of it. Yes the boat is big but, I like being able to go anywhere and do anything I want while I am on vacation. I like big pools and being able to go to the beach at any time of the day.

I will say though that, Kevin the Cruise Director kept us thoroughly amused. He was a hoot. We loved it when he came on the loud speaker. It was our comic relief. It really wouldn't have been the same without him. So, thanks Kevin!

Watch the channel about excursions right away. We didn't find out until the night before the Amber Cove Port that there is basically nothing to do there.

Plan to spend lots of money...

There is an excursion to go to Riu Resorts, we did that, it was nice. They also had the cheapest ciggs.
We went on the Kon Tiki, fun times were had, beautiful beach too.
The Senor Frogs there is gross, find a place called Greengos, it is much better and clean.
We did the Eco Kayak Tour, it was amazing!