Splendor

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (San Juan To New York)
Sail Date: June 01, 2015
Ship: Carnival Splendor

I enjoyed my trip on the Splendor.   All of the staff members on the Splendor go out their way to ensure that you are having a great time.  Special mention to the Cruise director, Malcolm Burns who is genuinely delightful, caring, and extremely entertaining. You will have a wonderful time on the ship.  The DJ was fabulous and kept people in the Nightclub partying all night. There were so many exciting things to do on each island visited.  However, there are a few things that needs to be improved.

1. Laundry - the robes, sheets, pillows, and towels still had very smelly (musky) odor even though they have been washed.

2.  Debarkation at the end of the cruise - Long wait if you are not carrying your luggage off the ship with you.   In fairness, I know this may not be under their control since they need to unload all of the baggage that could not be carried off, but wish it was a way to make it a little faster.

3.  Dining option.   This comment is for all of the Carnival ships.  I am not happy that the determination on whether to have a separate table is the decision of the Maitre'd.  I had requested a separate dining table/booth for my group at the time of booking, then I should expect to receive one, not wait until the next day of sailing to find out if my request have been honored.  I should have the preference for seating confirmed at the time of booking.

Great room and location. Because of location of the room was able to spend alot of time on the balcony during the day and not get sunburned

24 hour pizza station is the best.