Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not a good cruise

Sail Date: April 05, 2015

Cabin on rear of ship.  two mile walk to get anywhere on ship.  Instead of one large matress, we got two twins put side by side that kept sliding apart.  And one of us every night kept falling in the gap.  Food was not that good.  Main dinning room was grossly understaffed.  No matridee.  No bread server on some nights. Waiter so overworked, he had no time to give anyone special treatment like sprinkling fresh pepper, clearing crumbs from your table. He was insanely overassigned to too many tables. Cabin room located right over heavy machinery that became unbearably loud whenever we arrived in any port. No enough shows. Excursions were grossly overpriced. Alcohol beverages were overpriced also. Very poor room service. You could only order cold cereal or a bagle, with watered down orange juice. And each time we ordered, they took over an hour to deliver it. Everyone we spoke to was unwilling to help us in arranging an early departure due to an early flight from an airport that was an hour and twenty minutes away from Miami.  They kept saying there nothing they can do. But on the day of departure we saw guest that were classified "priority" get the same consideration that we were told did not exist. He had to "sneak" into the group with them like we were stowaways or something. We had something stolen from us right under the watchful eye of one of the ships camera. He reported it to security (a man named John). He called us on the phone more than twentyfour hours later and informed me that the ships security camera is pointed directly at the cheeseburger grill. And had no view of something that occured within two feet of it. With over thirty years in law enforcement, I was flabergased.

Food not that tasty. No variety of bread. No bread server. No matridee. Overworked waiter.
On rear of ship right over very noisy machinery. A two mile walk from EVERYTHING on the ship
The waiter in the main dining room was very good. He is overworked. We observed him sweating.
Not enough good entertainment. Get more comedians. They are not that expensive.
Most of the activities I could have done at home and saved my hard earned money.
The excursions were far too expensive. I felt like I was being robbed by Carnival.
Everything cost money here. Nothing to do except shop. Better to stay on the ship.
Belize City, Belize
We took the tour around the city. How shameful it is to see how nice the buildings for the businesses are. Yet the people are living like dogs. There homes are disgusting. I blame not just the businesses; but the government...and Carnival.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
The beach was right there. And it was FREE. God bless Honduras!
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Money, money, money!

I loved the all day ice cream.

1 Comment