Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Ready for the refit

Sail Date: March 15, 2015

Room Type: Suite

The Splendor is an old ship, with some old ship problems. Not me, but several of the guests indicated the food was bland, but they were all on some form of motion sickness meds...seemed like an interesting correlation. When we docked in Nassau, the announcer indicated if we didn't have an excursion, we should probably stay on the ship. If that is the case, the ship probably shouldn't stop there (just my opinion). Overall, I think cruising is probably the best way to vacation, however, the right ship at the right time can make all the difference.

Seemed to still be recovering from the "Mexico" incidence.
Could have been great with some small changes, but overall was pretty good
The pursers office was by far the most rude of any group on the ship. Avoid them at all costs.
From the comedy club to the standard shows, this was the best part of the cruise.
Our first cruise, every morning at 7 we got the anouncement to wake up and have fun...this one seemed more laid back and allowed us to do what we wanted.
I think this is where most people live, we had fun at every port.
If you can get an ocean suite, you should get one. If you do, you will never sleep in a smaller cabin again! Great rooms and the service was better than the rest of my families!
Miami, Florida
Miami was a bit crowded due to spring break, when NOT spring break, this is my favorite departure port. Fishing and Scuba are the best.
We walked through the town and met some of the locals. They were very helpful and friendly, made me want to go back.
Carnival Live Concert
Need the real bank and not some knockoff group with the same name. Also, since it was on the ship, it should have been included in the price, not $60 more.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We left at Midnight, so we got to see the town without all the other cruise ship crowds. It was a very nice place after 5!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Friendliest of all the ports we stopped at, and the excursions were great!
Grand Turk Island
the beach is right off the pier where we docked. Saved a LOT of money on excursions, and still got to swim/snorkel

There is a hidden area of the ship, above the rear buffet where the crew goes to relax. We found ourselves sitting with the crew on a number of occasions, away from the crowds below. It was a welcome break from the masses by the pool or on the many deck chairs!

1 Comment