Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Spring Break With College Age Granddaughters

Sail Date: March 08, 2015

Our entire trip from the booking to the final day of our cruise was magnificent. We had never booked through and thought the price per person was unbelievably low for three...therefore we must not have a nice cabin. We were totally impressed that we had two twin beds for the girls and a very comfortable sofa bed for me. Three closets and plenty of room in the well lit bathroom. The show entertainment was superb and we enjoyed the nightly shows each evening. The wait staff and our cabin attendant could not have been better. The food was great with nice selections for dinner each evening. Our 4 ports of call were all fun, safe and we could not have asked for better weather. We did the Stingray Rum Point excursion and that topped off the perfect cruise on Grand Cayman Day. I have already recommended to my friends, family and those on the cruise we met. Thank you for a most wonderful experience. Love

Recently refurbished and like new
Service was excellent in the Gold Pearl upper near windows.
Being on the first deck was great...Not much movement as on upper decks. Cabin large enough for 3 to be very comfortable.
Our cabin attendant was superb (Jessie) and our waitress (can't remember her name) was also super.
The shows of dancing and singing were fabulous. We went to the adult humor and found it totally disgusting and wonder why ANY business would hire the guy from NC who was down right vulgar and promised to be worse at the later show! I'm not a prude and enjoy adult humor but his was not funny and only CRUDE!!!
Miami, Florida
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Bayside. Highly recommend it for before or after cruise.
We took a taxi to Paradise Hotel. Only $3 pp at the hotel to use their beach chairs/pool. Bar service on the beach was nice.
Belize City, Belize
We took a taxi to Old Belize, a private man made pool and beach with 100 ft slide and a rope swing into the water. Bar service on the beach.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Wonderful shops at the Carnival private island. The girls walked to the beach close by while I shopped two hours.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We did the Stingray/Rum Point Beach excursion....It was wonderful. The girls got off the boat on the sandbar to kiss the stingrays. There were dozens of other boats there enjoying the day. Loved the private beach at Rum Point for 1.5 hours.

I enjoyed the casino I won $1000 on the little devil penny machine (first day at sea)! I also acquired the necessary 1500 points for free drinks in the casino. The spring breakers were not a nuisance and made up about 35% of the cruisers. We met some nice people who are die hard Carnival Cruisers.