Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

slam dunk for a virgin cruisers

Sail Date: January 25, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Every time my wife brought up the idea of cruising for A vacation I was quick to dismiss it , not being a fan of boats or confinement such as resorts . After reviewing excursions and reviews I gave a second look at this itinerary and the value was the final deal maker .

We found it a bit overwhelming as we boarded , the fantastic crew of the splendor quickly eased that ,we have never been that well looked after or entertained . talking to others while waiting to board they said they been on other ships but none compared to the splendor and they continue to book on her now and we'd be happy with her as our first .

The food was fantastic and available 24/7

I highly recommend it and can't wait to go again , Although I would like to visit different ports next time I would do these again,  my favorite was Belize and Rotan.

The excursions on this itinerary were fantastic , although they were most of the day they went by very quick .

very clean and cheerfully decorated ,unique to the splendor!
some dishes are to die for , so we mostly stuck with the buffet for the convenience
being down low you don't feel much and we didn't hear much noise either in this room, all you'll do is sleep there so no need for Windows or veranda
Erwin was our stateroom Stewart, very genuine and friendly , works very hard to keep the cabin perfect in short order , a great man.
no end of entertainment at several points throughout the ship , I loved the comedy shows , could've done without the smoke bellowing from the casino when went near there .
they weren't bad but some times my kids found them boring when they sat around . they ended up choosing certain times when they seen certain activities.
no end , about the only thing I didn't see was bowling or passenger's dance
I chose this cruise primarily for the destinations , excursions for all interest , mine was site seeing
Miami, Florida
little Havana and coral gables only thing I would do here again
love the mAyan ruins , lengthy bus ride allows for a real view of the countryside
Belize City, Belize
tour of the Mayan ruins here was fantastic, very friendly people here , definitely return.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras a very beautiful island , be sure to take a tour that you see the whole island , I recommend the walk on the wild side private tour .
George Town, Grand Cayman
while the port is nice it's like any other waterfront city in my opinion we took a stingray tour to get away for something different

To travel from aft to fwd the easiest way I found was to drop to 2 deck walk the length of the hall and return to the deck you want , some decks have no thru acess , also good way to avoid the smoky casino area .