Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruisin' through Summer

Sail Date: August 14, 2011

The ship was great, very clean and well cared for. The staff was so nice and super helpful. I will say it took a while to find things because of the layout of the ship.

Pros: Relaxing when I wanted and playing when I wanted, and doing whatever I wanted!

Cons: Being tied down to a dinner schedule at 8:15 pm in the dining room

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!

The hardest part was figuring out where things were, because this ship is kind of like a maze.
We have been on other cruises and the presentation was perhaps a little nicer, but the taste on this cruise was better perhaps. I am picky about the food, and they did a nice job on the ship.
The bed was slightly uncomfortable, but my bed at home is really great, so that could be why. Our state room was a tad small, but we had a balcony and that was very nice. It wasn't as posh as some ships, but it wasn't as expensive either.
We had fun. The ship's cruise director talked too much when introducing a show, and constantly pushed things, but we enjoyed ourselves in spite of these annoyances.
My Mother in law (87) was injured, and the staff really helped out bringing ice and seeing that she was comfortable. They couldn't have been more attentive.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
We loved the rain forest and snorkeling by some big rocks at the place that Night of the Iguana was filmed. We hired a driver when we got off the ship, that took us all over , and waited for us while we snorkeled, ate lunch, Played in the water falls, and went shopping. Then he took us back when we were ready!! It was FABO! My 28 yr old son loved this port the most!!
Don't Miss: The Rain Forest
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
We hired a boat to take us around and we enjoyed it. We had a massage for $25. in Cabo for 1 hour and it was great!