Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Good Time on Splendor

Sail Date: April 24, 2011

Overall we love our time on Carnival. We have not encountered anything with any of our cruises that would make us think that we should try another company. We have been on 2 previous carnival cruises on Glory and Paradise. This was our third. They set us up perfectly with our evening table group, by the end of the cruise we were all hanging out with each other most of the day and became close friends.
This company is great for what you pay. We are a mid-twenty couple, so our vacation budget is probably a lot smaller then most, so we love Carnival for this reason.

Pros: Ship spa, everything was clean and adults section

Cons: The food wasn't great, entertainment was sub-par

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!

It was the same kind of food as all the other carnival ships, which I have always enjoyed. But for some reason it was not as good as the other ships. About 4 times in the main dinning room for dinner, I got undercooked meal (and when asked how well I wanted steak/meat cooked, I always ask for WELL done, and still got stuff that looked rare at best), and a most of the meals didn't come with what they advertised in the menu. I hope it was just this ship and carnival isn't letting down on the food quality.
Layout is the same as most of the carnival ships, everything was clean and new looking.
We had a balcony room on 6th deck. Great room. Everything worked. Everything was clean. TONS of room.
This ship's cast for Showtime was alright. I've always enjoyed the Showtimes on the 2 other ships we were on, but this one only had 1 show that I really enjoyed. The comedy was a HUGE let down! We love the comedy club on Carnival, and have enjoyed every comedian on every other ship. This one however didn't put to much planning into I think. I only enjoyed 2 out of the 4 comedians, the other 2 only heard crickets when they did their show. And then when we come back the next day to hopefully hear something new, THEY ALL DO THE SAME SHOW with the SAME Joks! Come on carnival, hire comedians who have more then 1 comedy bit that is very sub-par compared to all the other comedians we have seen in the past.
The staff was just as friendly as all the other ships, they would always go out of their way to get something done for you. I do have to say though, that I felt like the walking around bar tenders were a lot more pushy and asking way to much if you wanted a drink or not. You felt like you were sitting on a street in Mexico, with a bunch of vendors trying to get you to buy something. But otherwise they were awesome.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
DO THE SNORKEL EXCURSION! It is an awesome time sailing to your location, the snorkeling is very safe for everyone, and the crew was THE BEST CREW ever. Plus the open bar helped a little to!
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico