Carnival Splendor Cruise Review to Mexico

Splendor Cruise

Sail Date: March 27, 2011

The Ship is nice and big. Clean and with good service. The shows are good. Some more than others. The comedians are pretty good. Again, some more than others. We got screwed on the trip due to a "medical emergency" after leaving Long Beach and about 2 and a half hours out to sea...the boat turned around and went back to Long Beach. So instead of getting two days in Cabo and one day in Puerto Vallarta, we only got one day at each. OH, and they gave us back 9 dollars to compensate. ???WHAT??? That was not right.

Pros: Good shows and good food

Cons: See dinner comment below

Recommends Carnival Splendor? Yes!

NOTE: If you do the ANYTIME dining, either be there by 6pm or after 8pm but dont epect to show up between those times and be seated. We found that out the hard way. We showed up at 7:10 and had to wait till 8pm to be seated. I then did not get my food till almost 9pm. What a mess!!!! I did not let that happen again. The food is very good though.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
LOOK, I HATE TO SPOIL ALL THOSE AMERICAN BUSINESSES MAKING A KILLING ON THE EXCURSIONS BUT... I FOUND OUT THAT THE SAME 3 1/2 HR CATAMARAN EXCURSION THAT THE BOAT SELLS FOR $99 YOU CAN GET FOR $30 AS SOON AS YOU GET OFF THE BOAT ON THE LEFT. SAVE MONEY!!!
Don't Miss: THE BEST SNORKELING WAS AT SANTA MARIA COVE
Mazatlan, Mexico
I am going to say Mazatlan would of been Average if we would of stopped there. The cruise line took this stop away and gave us an additional day in Cabo. Wait, then they took that away, too. That was terrible!!!!!!!!!
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
I DONT KNOW. WE JUST HUNG OUT AT THE BEACH AND WENT SHOPPING. THE PIRATE SHIP SOUNDED LIKE FUN THOUGH.